Vision is the ability to interpret and derive meaning from what we see. It involves the coordination of our eyes, ocular muscles, focusing system, and our brain. There are often problems in many of these areas which affect the efficient processing of visual information. The most common conditions are:
- Oculomotor – Difficulty maintaining fixation and moving one’s eyes smoothly.
- Accommodative skills – The ability to change focus from distance to near and maintain clear focus at near.
- Binocular System – The ability to use both eyes together as a team.
- Visual Perceptual Skills – The ability for the brain to process the information that is received.
People who have deficits in these areas may experience the following:
- Eyestrain and headaches with reading and digital devices
- Loss of place when reading
- Double vision
- Difficulty comprehending the material
At Dr. Fisher’s office, you will receive a comprehensive evaluation of your visual system. We will recommend the proper eyewear and treatment for your ocular needs.
Contact Susan Fisher OD in Westbury, NY!
At Susan Fisher OD our staff is here to help you and your family with all your vision care needs. Whether you need an eye exam, to buy new glasses/contact lenses, or want vision correction, feel free to get in touch with us. We are always ready to help you!